Yields 24 biscotti
- 200 grams superfine almond flour
- 80 grams Swerve Confectioners
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon xantham gum
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 75 grams dry roasted macadamia nuts
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- 57 grams salted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 325°F convection setting.
- In a bowl, mix together the almond flour, sweetener, baking powder, xantham gum, vanilla paste, macadamia, and spices.
- In a separate bowl, melt butter. Add eggs and beat well.
- Add the butter and egg mixture to the dry ingredients.
- Mix well and form into a dough.
- Transfer dough to work surface, pat, and form into an even, flattened, rectangular shaped log. Note that the dough is sticky. To help with the shaping, dust hands with almond flour.
- Transfer dough to a parchment lined sheet tray and bake for 30 minutes or until firm, lightly golden, and top is slightly cracked. Remove from oven. Set aside to cool, about 15 minutes.
- When cool, slice loaf into half inch thick slices. Slice deliberately using a serrated knife. If you find that your loaf is crumbly, place in the freezer to firm up some more.
- Set oven to 250°F.
- Line slices on a wire rack on a sheet tray. Bake for 15 minutes. Flip slices and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Turn oven off. Let the biscotti cool in the oven until crisp, crunchy, and dry. Store in an airtight container.
- Each biscotti has:
- 87 calories
- 2 g Carbs
- 10 g Fat
- 12 g Protein
- Optional: Melt Ross Milk Stevia Chocolate in a small baggie, cut a small piece of the corner and drizzle chocolate over the biscotti. Let cool and harden before eating.
- You could add 1/4 cup of unsweetened chocolate chips to the dough to make it extra chocolately.
- You could substitute almonds for the macadamia nuts.
- I came across this recipe on the ruled.me website. I made some minor modifications to the recipe.