- 1 tbsp olive oil or butter
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 large onion , chopped (brown, yellow or white)
- 2 lb zucchinis , cut into 1.5 cm slices
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Sour Cream , for swirling
- Finely shredded parmesan
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add garlic and onions, and cook for 3 – 4 minutes until they are light golden brown.
- Add zucchinis, broth and water. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to medium.
- Cook for 15 – 20 minutes or until zucchini is very soft.
- Use an immersion blender until smooth.
- Stir through cream. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into bowls, swirl over a touch of sour cream if desired, a pinch of shredded Parmesan, and more pepper.
- Recipe from recipetineats.com