- 3/4 cup (75g) almond flour
- 1 scoop (30g) whey isolate
- 2 tbsp (10g) psyllium husk
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tsp water
- 1 tbsp bacon fat
- ⅓ cup diced onion
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 3 oz water
- 4 oz can green chilies
- 1 tsp taco seasoning
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- ½ cup cheese (swiss and cheddar)
- 2 cups cheese for topping
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, whey isolate, psyllium husk and xanthan gum.
- Pour in the olive oil, egg and water.
- Stir until it forms a crumbly dough, then start to knead with your hands until all the dough is incorporated.
- It will become sticky, so let the dough sit for 2-3 minutes while you bring a non-stick pan up to temperature over medium-high heat.
- Split the dough into 5 balls and cover with a damp towel or paper towel.
- Take one of the balls of dough and place between two sheets or parchment paper.
- Use a rolling pin to flatten the dough ball flat.
- Use a bowl (or in my case, a blender lid) to cut out a circle shape.
- Slowly peel the flattened dough off the parchment paper & set aside any extra dough from cutting out the circles to reuse.
- Immediately put the circle of dough into the pan.
- Let it sit for about 15-20 seconds before flipping and cooking for an additional 15-20 seconds.
- The tortilla should have turned a white colour.
- Take the tortilla off the heat and cover with a damp towel or paper towel.
- Continue on with the rest of the tortillas.
- Saute onion and garlic in bacon fat
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir
- Heat the cream and bouillon cubes and 1/2 cup of the cheese til thickened
- Use 8 keto tortilla shells from the keto tortilla shells recipe.
- Spoon the chicken filling mixture into the centre of the shell and roll up. Place seam side down in a rectangular glass baking dish that’s been sprayed with oil.
- Once all the shells are rolled, pour the sauce over the enchiladas and then cover with cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 min and then 3 – 4 min under the broiler to brown the cheese.
- Let cool for 5 min before eating.
- Recipe from thehungryelephant.ca