- 2 6.5-oz cans Clams (chopped finely, liquid retained)
- 1 lb Cauliflower (florets only, cut in small pieces)
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cup Chicken broth
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 carrot diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper (or more to taste)
- Saute the onion, celery, garlic and carrots.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except heavy cream, in a large pot. (Make sure you pour the retained liquid from the clams in there, too.) Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until cauliflower is tender. Remove approximately 1/2 the cauliflower and puree. Then add back to the rest of the soup.
- Stir in the heavy cream. Heat just enough for the soup to be hot again. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Recipe from wholesomeyum.com