1 Pie Crust
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup coconut shredded (rough grind in food processor)
- 2 tablespoons psyllium husk powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 large eggs
- 5 tablespoon ice cold water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Mix together the dry ingredients in a bowl: 1/2 cup Almond Flour, 1/2 cup ground Coconut, 2 tbsp. Psyllium Husk Powder and 1/4 tsp. Salt.
- Whisk the 2 large Eggs in a small bowl
- Add 2 tbsp. coconut oil to the dry ingredients and work it into the flours.
- You should end up with a sandy consistency.
- Add eggs to the bowl and mix in well.
- Add ice cold water until you reach a consistency where you can work with the dough – it should still look a bit sandy as you’re mixing, but if you use your hands, it should stick together.
- Knead the dough into a ball and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Once you’re done, par-cook the dough for 12-15 minutes at 350F.
- Now you have great tart dough to use. Fill it and cook whatever you’d like! I find that cooking the tart dough for another 20-30 minutes with filling in it does a great job, so if you don’t plan to cook the food inside of it for that long, you can par-cook it for a little bit longer.
- Recipe from gnom-gnom.com