- 1¼ cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 oz. dark chocolate with a minimum of 80% cocoa solids
- Break or chop the chocolate into small pieces. Melt in the microwave (20-second intervals, stirring in between) or using a double boiler. Set aside at room temperature to cool.
- Whip the cream to soft peaks. Add vanilla towards the end.
- Mix egg yolks with salt in a separate bowl.
- Add the melted chocolate to the egg yolks and mix to a smooth batter.
- Add a couple of spoonfuls of whipped cream to the chocolate mix and stir to loosen it a bit. Add the remaining cream and fold it through.
- Divide the batter into ramekins or serving glasses of your choice. Place in the fridge and let chill for at least 2 hours. Serve as is or with fresh berries and whip cream.
This recipe is from dietdoctor.com