3 – 4 servings
- 1 large Sweet onion (sliced into rings)
- 2 large Egg
- 1/2 cup Protein powder
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion powder
- 1/2 tsp Dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp Dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp A & W seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (218 degrees C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper
- Beat the eggs in a small bowl. Mix the protein powder and all spices in another bowl.
- Pour a little bit of the powder mixture into a third bowl. Dip an onion ring in the egg. Shake off the excess, then press into the protein mixture, coating all sides. Repeat this process and dip the rings a second time.
- Place on the lined baking sheet. You may need more breading mixture depending on how many rings your onion has and how large it is.
- Bake at 400 degrees convection for 8 min, then flip the rings and bake for another 8 min…if not brown enough, place under broiler.
- Alternatively, you could fry them for a few minutes on each side to achieve a crispier result.
This recipe is from the Wholesum Yum Website. I’ve made a couple minor adjustments to my preference.