- 170 g Ross dark chocolate (cut into small pieces)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tbsp butter
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tsp amaretto or liqueur of choice
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup toasted coconut coarsely ground
- Put the chocolate into a heat resistant glass bowl.
- Place the heavy cream, salt and butter in a saucepan and stir over heat over medium heat until small bubbles form around the sides of the pan and the cream is steamy.
- Then pour the hot cream over the chocolate pieces and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Stir gently with a whisk until smooth and fully incorporated.
- Add the vanilla and amaretto and stir.
- Let cool then refrigerate uncovered several hours until firm.
- Scoop the chocolate ganache from the bowl with a small cookie scoop onto the coconut and roll to coat.
- Place them on a wire rack over a cookie sheet.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge and serve at room temperature.
- Makes 22 truffles
- 58 cal
- 5g fat
- 7g carb
- 1g protein
- Recipe from lowcarbmaven.com